Thank you to all who participated in our two audition sessions. Our open call for this year’s event is now closed.
We want to hear from you! Are you the next TEDxMonterey presenter we have been waiting for? TEDxMonterey is excited to be hosting community auditions for local presenters or performers for our April 26, 2014 event. Central coast residents, no age requirement, are invited to sign up to pitch their ‘idea worth spreading.’ Participation in the open call sessions for pitching does not guarantee that you will be selected to present or perform at the April 26 event
TEDxMonterey Pitch Guidelines
Before you sign up to indicate your plans to participate in one of our idea pitch sessions, please review the guidelines below:
- Come prepared! Draft, practice, and invite feedback on your pitch before the audition
- Understand what is expected of TEDx presenters – review TEDx Speaker Guide and the TED “Commandments” for presenters
- No slides or multimedia may be used for this audition
- Well-formed idea or performance welcome – watch this short TEDx learning series video with some suggestions for developing and focsuing your idea.
- 3 minutes or less to pitch your idea worth spreading – all participants will be held strictly to this time constraint
Idea Pitch Event Details
Irvine Auditorium, Monterey Institute of International Studies
499 Pierce St., Monterey, Ca 93940
10am – 12pm, Saturday, January 11, 2014
10am* -12pm, Saturday, February 15, 2014 (*note time adjusted to 10am)