We think there are a lot of Awesome people in Monterey County doing Awesome things. Let’s shine a light on them and their works. TEDxMonterey challenges you to “out” someone for being awesome.
We’ll make it easy: Simply fill out the TEDxMonterey Inventory of Awesome form and we will feature them on the TEDxMonterey blog.
The TED Commandments are the foundation for the TED presentation format – a balance of specific time constraints, unique perspectives, curiosity, respect for the audience, preparation, vulnerability and authenticity. TED and TEDx talks are the result of many hours of conversations, practice, and planning between presenters and the curating team.
- Thou Shalt Not Simply Trot Out thy Usual Shtick
- Thou Shalt Dream a Great Dream, or Show Forth a Wondrous New Thing, Or Share Something Thou Hast Never Shared Before
- Thou Shalt Reveal thy Curiosity and Thy Passion
- Thou Shalt Tell a Story
- Thou Shalt Freely Comment on the Utterances of Other Speakers for the Skae of Blessed Connection and Exquisite Controversy
- Thou Shalt Not Flaunt thine Ego. Be Thou Vulnerable. Speak of thy Failure as well as thy Success.
- Thou Shalt Not Sell from the Stage: Neither thy Company, thy Goods, thy Writings, nor thy Desparate need for Funding; Lest Thou be Cast Aside into Outer Darkness.
- Thou Shalt Remember all the while: Laughter is Good.
- Thou Shalt Not Read thy Speech.
- Thou Shalt Not Steal the Time of Them that Follow Thee